Monday, February 25, 2008

The 2008 Oscar Party

Well I was selected to spin for the official "Night Before" the Oscars party at the Beverly Hills Hotel.
Quite an honor to spin for such a high profile event attended by some of the heaviest hitters in the entertainment industry.

A star gazers dream for sure as I noticed Tom Hanks, Will Smith, Steven Spielberg, Jamie Foxx, Fergie, Harrison Ford and many more moving through the room.

The annual event was started by Jeffrey Katzenberg and Variety as a charity function back in 2002 and this year it was produced by Robyn Leuthe Norris at Before & After Productions with help from my good friends at DreamWorks event department. The food was catered from Wolfgang puck and it was delicious!!

I played mostly a mix of Lounge, Nu Jazz, Soul & vintage Funk with a bit of KCRW eclectic thrown in.
The highlight of my night was when SEAL tapped me on the shoulder and told me he liked my music.
Seal liked MY music!
:o)